Four screws (located just to the inside of the mounting screws for the stand) are removed to gain access to the inside. Once the screws are out, the tray slides easily from the aluminum housing. Of note here is that the tray mounting studs are not centered on this component so it will only install one way. While it can be placed into the housing backwards, one end will be sticking out so it is easy to make sure you assemble it properly.
Two more small screws allow access to the inside of the tray unit. This is the heart of the control panel of the device and also allows you to get you're your hard drive up and running. Just remove the ventilation end cap and slide your SATA drive into place. The slots you can see to along the edges of the bottom plate will be used to secure your drive into place.
Above is a closer look at the PCB used in this product. From this angle you can also see that the hard drive is connected directly into the board and no ribbon cables are used. This will mean less junk to get in the way of air flowing through the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller