Four screws (located just to the inside of the mounting screws for the stand) are removed to gain access to the inside. Once the screws are out, the tray slides easily from the aluminum housing. Of note here is that the tray mounting studs are not centered on this component so it will only install one way. While it can be placed into the housing backwards, one end will be sticking out so it is easy to make sure you assemble it properly.
Two more small screws allow access to the inside of the tray unit. This is the heart of the control panel of the device and also allows you to get you're your hard drive up and running. Just remove the ventilation end cap and slide your SATA drive into place. The slots you can see to along the edges of the bottom plate will be used to secure your drive into place.
Above is a closer look at the PCB used in this product. From this angle you can also see that the hard drive is connected directly into the board and no ribbon cables are used. This will mean less junk to get in the way of air flowing through the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080