Four screws (located just to the inside of the mounting screws for the stand) are removed to gain access to the inside. Once the screws are out, the tray slides easily from the aluminum housing. Of note here is that the tray mounting studs are not centered on this component so it will only install one way. While it can be placed into the housing backwards, one end will be sticking out so it is easy to make sure you assemble it properly.
Two more small screws allow access to the inside of the tray unit. This is the heart of the control panel of the device and also allows you to get you're your hard drive up and running. Just remove the ventilation end cap and slide your SATA drive into place. The slots you can see to along the edges of the bottom plate will be used to secure your drive into place.
Above is a closer look at the PCB used in this product. From this angle you can also see that the hard drive is connected directly into the board and no ribbon cables are used. This will mean less junk to get in the way of air flowing through the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair