Since we don't have a full retail package there isn't all that much to talk about. We did get all the standard cables that comes in the bundle though, so we will quickly have a peak at that.
Included in the package is two Molex to PCI Express connectors, two DVI to VGA connectors, HDTV Out cable, Crossfire connector and the standard Driver CD. As far extras go the only thing that is included that we don't see all the time is the single DVI to HDMI connector.
Using the standard reference design there isn't a whole lot to look at on the front. The cooler stretches from one end of the card and goes all the way to the other. Sapphire has of course included its own sticker on the cooler.
Looking around the card we have the two power connectors that sit towards the back. One is a 6-pin connector that we're pretty used to seeing and the other is the 8-pin one that we saw on the HD 2900 XT.
There is also a single Crossfire connector across the top. Fortunately we now have a use for it with the release of the Catalyst 8.3 driver and Crossfire X support.
The I/O side of things is also pretty run of the mill with two Dual Link DVI connectors and a single TV-Out port. The card takes up two slots as you would expect.
There isn't too much to say about this standard card that we haven't said before. It would have been nice to see extra DVI ports or maybe some other connectivity on it like what GECUBE came up with, but ultimately the card's probably going to do everything you want out of the box so there's no real reason to complain.
While Sapphire has some pretty cool overclocked cards, this is unfortunately not one of them. The Sapphire HD 3870 X2 we have here today carries the standard clocks which come in at 800MHz on the core and 1800MHz DDR on the 1GB of GDDR3 memory.
The clocks on the HD 3870 X2 and the whole dual core thing is already pretty impressive in itself, so overclocking on the card out of the box isn't a huge deal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package & Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset