One of the most talked about products coming out of the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show was the OCZ Technology Cryo-Z. The Cryo-Z, OCZ's entry into the phase change cooling market, was hailed as the first sub-500 US Dollar phase change cooler for consumers, and at the time, it was promised to be made available within a few short months. In late 2007, a spark of hope passed through the enthusiast community as images of boxed Cryo-Z units sitting inside of an office circulated the web. While this was not a definitive release schedule for the Cryo-Z, it did raise interest in the product once again.
Fast forward to 2008, the Cryo-Z has been considered vaporware by many since the product has sat unavailable to interested enthusiasts for over two years. The stacked Cryo-Z images have faded from enthusiast's minds, but never out of their hearts. Bring up the company name OCZ in any forums and you are sure to receive a message from someone begging for the Cryo-Z to be released post haste.
Today is finally the day when we can tell you more about the OCZ Technology Cryo-Z. The information that we have gathered is not from a press release nor an assumption based on seeing the unit at a technology show. This is in fact real hands on with the unit, sitting at the Secret Bunker of Technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- Page 5 [Inside the Cooler]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Questionable Build Quality]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017