After many months on the leader board, the trusty Gladiator has now come in second place to the Goliath. You'll have to decide for yourself whether the loud fan is a reasonable trade-off to better cooling, but make no mistake; the Goliath is now the cooler to beat.
Something else to consider concerning this heatsink is the availability of three different fan setups. So if you're turning away from this unit due to the sound, there are other choices to help keep the sound down to a more tolerable level. The heatsink itself will be the same quality regardless of your fan choice, and it has proven itself to be a winner.
Bottom line...If you have thought about building yourself a killer rig and want the best possible cooling available (without going to water or peltier), then take a hard look at the OCZ Goliath. While the test unit I had was very loud, there are options available that should meet any user.
Excellent cooling capability
Copper base and fins
Several fan choices available
Very smooth base
80mm fan is LOUD!
Clipping mechanism can be tricky
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Console gamers can scale The Division's visuals to boost frame rates
- Mad Catz CEO & Chairman resign after poor quarterly results
- Metal Gear Online getting a new expansion 'Cloaked in Silence'
- World of Tanks update 9,14 is gonna be big, plenty of bang to it
- Amazon's new games engine is powerful, flexible, and totally free
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance