After many months on the leader board, the trusty Gladiator has now come in second place to the Goliath. You'll have to decide for yourself whether the loud fan is a reasonable trade-off to better cooling, but make no mistake; the Goliath is now the cooler to beat.
Something else to consider concerning this heatsink is the availability of three different fan setups. So if you're turning away from this unit due to the sound, there are other choices to help keep the sound down to a more tolerable level. The heatsink itself will be the same quality regardless of your fan choice, and it has proven itself to be a winner.
Bottom line...If you have thought about building yourself a killer rig and want the best possible cooling available (without going to water or peltier), then take a hard look at the OCZ Goliath. While the test unit I had was very loud, there are options available that should meet any user.
Excellent cooling capability
Copper base and fins
Several fan choices available
Very smooth base
80mm fan is LOUD!
Clipping mechanism can be tricky
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- Far Cry 5 box art shows villains, airplanes, and chaos
- Sony's Project FIELD mobile tech may release in 2017
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017