After many months on the leader board, the trusty Gladiator has now come in second place to the Goliath. You'll have to decide for yourself whether the loud fan is a reasonable trade-off to better cooling, but make no mistake; the Goliath is now the cooler to beat.
Something else to consider concerning this heatsink is the availability of three different fan setups. So if you're turning away from this unit due to the sound, there are other choices to help keep the sound down to a more tolerable level. The heatsink itself will be the same quality regardless of your fan choice, and it has proven itself to be a winner.
Bottom line...If you have thought about building yourself a killer rig and want the best possible cooling available (without going to water or peltier), then take a hard look at the OCZ Goliath. While the test unit I had was very loud, there are options available that should meet any user.
Excellent cooling capability
Copper base and fins
Several fan choices available
Very smooth base
80mm fan is LOUD!
Clipping mechanism can be tricky
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched