After many months on the leader board, the trusty Gladiator has now come in second place to the Goliath. You'll have to decide for yourself whether the loud fan is a reasonable trade-off to better cooling, but make no mistake; the Goliath is now the cooler to beat.
Something else to consider concerning this heatsink is the availability of three different fan setups. So if you're turning away from this unit due to the sound, there are other choices to help keep the sound down to a more tolerable level. The heatsink itself will be the same quality regardless of your fan choice, and it has proven itself to be a winner.
Bottom line...If you have thought about building yourself a killer rig and want the best possible cooling available (without going to water or peltier), then take a hard look at the OCZ Goliath. While the test unit I had was very loud, there are options available that should meet any user.
Excellent cooling capability
Copper base and fins
Several fan choices available
Very smooth base
80mm fan is LOUD!
Clipping mechanism can be tricky
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system