After many months on the leader board, the trusty Gladiator has now come in second place to the Goliath. You'll have to decide for yourself whether the loud fan is a reasonable trade-off to better cooling, but make no mistake; the Goliath is now the cooler to beat.
Something else to consider concerning this heatsink is the availability of three different fan setups. So if you're turning away from this unit due to the sound, there are other choices to help keep the sound down to a more tolerable level. The heatsink itself will be the same quality regardless of your fan choice, and it has proven itself to be a winner.
Bottom line...If you have thought about building yourself a killer rig and want the best possible cooling available (without going to water or peltier), then take a hard look at the OCZ Goliath. While the test unit I had was very loud, there are options available that should meet any user.
Excellent cooling capability
Copper base and fins
Several fan choices available
Very smooth base
80mm fan is LOUD!
Clipping mechanism can be tricky
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now