Aeneon's first attempt into the high end DDR3 market hasn't gone as well as we would've liked to have seen; while it did do the 1333MHz that the memory is rated for, its overclocking leaves a lot to be desired as it simply has a huge bottleneck, that being it will not pass 1400MHz no matter what we set the memory timings or voltages to.
While the modules would be good as basic DDR3 setup, Xtune is not the basic line of modules. Aeneon wants to push this as top line stuff, but unfortunately it just doesn't stack up compared to companies like OCZ, Corsair and the likes out there. If you're really serious about your memory, you're going to need to shop around elsewhere.
Overall, a basic memory module here, but not the overclocking king it strives to be. Much better value can be had.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse