Aeneon's first attempt into the high end DDR3 market hasn't gone as well as we would've liked to have seen; while it did do the 1333MHz that the memory is rated for, its overclocking leaves a lot to be desired as it simply has a huge bottleneck, that being it will not pass 1400MHz no matter what we set the memory timings or voltages to.
While the modules would be good as basic DDR3 setup, Xtune is not the basic line of modules. Aeneon wants to push this as top line stuff, but unfortunately it just doesn't stack up compared to companies like OCZ, Corsair and the likes out there. If you're really serious about your memory, you're going to need to shop around elsewhere.
Overall, a basic memory module here, but not the overclocking king it strives to be. Much better value can be had.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MS on broken Quantum Break promises: we want to bring gamers together
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- Far Cry: Primal's story isn't linear, tied to building up your village
- This rugged Chromebook can be dropped from 2 feet off the ground
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives