With the box out the way it's time to move onto the actual card, and it's another one that chooses not to use the standard cooler. Palit has gone for a gold cooler that takes up two slots and has an integrated plate that sits over the top of the memory.
This isn't the first time we've seen this cooler and it tends to be the cooler of choice for Palit's Sonic line-up of cards.
Having a look around the card there isn't anything too out of the ordinary when it comes down to it. The back of the card has a single PCI Express power connector while across the top of the card we see a single SLI connector meaning that the card won't support Tri-SLI. Next to the SLI connector we can also see another little white plug; this is used to hook up to your sound card.
This is where the card begins to get really interesting. Normally we would just find an overclock on the Sonic line-up of cards, but they seem to have gone well and above the call of duty on this one. We have the standard two Dual Link DVI connectors. We also have with it a HDMI port for people wanting to make use of what is considered one of the best connections currently available for home theater enthusiasts.
Also included is a S/PDIF port. The way this works is if your computer has an optical port on it you can use the provided cable and output the audio from your motherboard or sound card and into the graphics card. That way you can have the audio going out the HDMI port and needing only a single cable to go to your AMP or TV.
If that wasn't enough for you, Palit have also included display port which seems to be the next logical step for DVI. We've seen Dell release a 24" and 30" monitor with the connection, and we should see more and more companies jump on it soon.
With the card being a Sonic model it comes as no surprise that it's overclocked.
As you can see above, the core comes in at 700MHz while the memory comes clocked in at 2000MHz. The clocks aren't too bad at all and we will see how it translates today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design