Our MPEG-2 playback tests were done using CyberLink Power DVD version 7 with Video Acceleration enabled to get the best possible video quality. Playing back a documentary on the making of a movie (not going to say which nerdy movie it is), we measured with Throttle Watch over the course of a 20 minute documentary the average CPU usage as well as describe how the playback went, for a real-world summary.
MPEG2 playback is identical across the board here, we can see that there isn't much improvement in MPEG2 playback on the 2 setups, however the discrete graphics helps take a lot of the load of the system.
MPEG-4 playback was done with Media Player 11. We used the same MPEG-2 video that was encoded to DivX 6.4 with our regular test bed so we could have the same 20 minutes run. Again Throttle Watch was used to measure the CPU usage over the 20 minutes and give us a percentage.
MEPG4 playback improved on the EPIA-SN; even more so when the onboard graphics was shut off and the GTX was used.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- Massive SSD's could be on the horizon with Micron's new 3D NAND tech
- Scientists begin tinkering on 'deleting' your unwanted memories
- AMD's Polaris GPU should arrive as 232mm2 sized die
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives