Package and Contents
First off is the box that VIA ships the board in. The box line-up for the EPIA Series is identical. There are no markings on the box apart from the VIA logo and the EPIA name. A sticker is placed on each box with the info of the board, and all the boxes are coloured green with yellow through it.
On the back there is no info for you either; VIA does need to put a bit more into its packaging, that way you can tell what one you're getting. Some stores have more than one line of EPIA boards, and it can be confusing with identical boxes!
The reading material for the board is extremely light. A two page user manual gives you basic setup and location instructions for the onboard headers, but that's about it. If you want more info you need to read the PDF user manual on the included CD.
The driver CD included comes with Windows XP and Vista drivers along with quite a good selection of Linux drivers for the audio, video and SATA controller, so you're pretty well up to full speed for any OS you choose (apart from OS X of course).
The accessories are extremely poor, only a single IDE cable and I/O shield are included. We would like to see at least one or two SATA data cables included in future packaging so you don't have to go out and buy more stuff to get this one up and running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- DARPA developing vehicle disappearing technology
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by a whole year
- Samsung didn't infringe on NVIDIA patents, judge says
- Microsoft goes on tour with HoloLens AR demos
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent