So lets take a look at what we have here...
An MPEG Decoder card that also allows the use of nearly any conceivable video appliance, has a built-in TV tuner, recording capabilities in variable bit rates, and also an included video editing program. Is there anything else that we need? Not that I can think of off-hand.
While the TV picture quality isn't perfect (due to a digitalized MPEG stream and the lack of using the system video card), it is still very clear and lacks the distortion and jerkiness of some tuners that I have seen in the past. It has a remote control for all the Couch Potatoes out there, and everything is designed for ease of use.
Recording quality is also very good. You can adjust the levels of recording quality to fit your own personal needs, and balance them for a good combination of file size and clarity. At the higher levels, you will get a playback quality that rivals the original feed. It's hard to find fault with a setup like that.
Bottom line... If you've been looking for a TV card, then that alone would be reason to look at this product. Adding to that the ability to accept signals from various video devices and the recording capabilities makes this an excellent choice for your multimedia needs.
High quality tuner
Excellent recording capabilities
Allows for numerous video inputs
No passthough connection to the video card
Missing crossover cable for sound card
Limited to "seconds" in recording time limits
Rating 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup