So lets take a look at what we have here...
An MPEG Decoder card that also allows the use of nearly any conceivable video appliance, has a built-in TV tuner, recording capabilities in variable bit rates, and also an included video editing program. Is there anything else that we need? Not that I can think of off-hand.
While the TV picture quality isn't perfect (due to a digitalized MPEG stream and the lack of using the system video card), it is still very clear and lacks the distortion and jerkiness of some tuners that I have seen in the past. It has a remote control for all the Couch Potatoes out there, and everything is designed for ease of use.
Recording quality is also very good. You can adjust the levels of recording quality to fit your own personal needs, and balance them for a good combination of file size and clarity. At the higher levels, you will get a playback quality that rivals the original feed. It's hard to find fault with a setup like that.
Bottom line... If you've been looking for a TV card, then that alone would be reason to look at this product. Adding to that the ability to accept signals from various video devices and the recording capabilities makes this an excellent choice for your multimedia needs.
High quality tuner
Excellent recording capabilities
Allows for numerous video inputs
No passthough connection to the video card
Missing crossover cable for sound card
Limited to "seconds" in recording time limits
Rating 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now