Package and Contents
This is the first Promise controller we have received from the company; previously we have dealt with onboard controller chips on motherboards, and with the cheaper JMicron chips around you don't see many of their chips on motherboards these days. The SuperTrak EX comes to us in a green and white with blue tinge box. Green and white is the staple colour for Promise.
The front of the box has a full colour photo of the controller card which is good to see, as well as the model number and company logo.
The back of the box contains marketing info on the board in just about all of the major language groups, meaning this product gets shipped to just about any country that needs a high performance SAS controller card.
Promise includes a user manual that covers all of the major language groups that the controller card is going to be sold in, as well as a quick start manual and a Driver CD.
Promise provides Microsoft Windows XP (32 and 64-bit versions), Windows 2003 server, Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit versions) along with quite a few Linux distribution drivers.
Rather than using eight separate cables to the drives, Promise uses MiniSAS cables; two of these are included, and each cable supports four drives. The cables are designed to go to internal enclosures or repeaters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Controller]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and HD Tach]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - DiskSpeed32]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED