Nothing has changed too much in the HIS box department. Their high-end cards follow a square box design which is pretty straight forward. We see all the usual details; the top of the card gives us the brand while the bottom shows us the model. In the middle we can see a big emphasis on the IceQ 3 cooling solution.
The right of the box gives us all the main information such as the fact that it has 512MB of GDDR3 memory, PCI Express, HDMI, 1080P support along with a diagram of how the IceQ 3 cooling solution works. At the very top of the card we can see a TurboX sticker that gives us the core and memory clockspeeds.
Turning the box over, across the bottom we have some information on the card along with some awards that HIS have received. The middle of the box has a window that lets us see the card. Shooting off from there are a bunch of little break off points that show some of the main features that the card offers.
Moving inside the package we have a few goodies. We have an S-Video to RCA connector, DVI to VGA, DVI to HDMI and a Crossfire connector. Unfortunately there is no Component out cables in the package though.
Also included in the package is a cool little screwdriver which has four heads and a little light. While it's not huge, sometimes things like this are more useful than a game you're not interested in.
We also have a manual, sticker, driver CD and a piece of paper that mentions the free games available on Steam.
The package on a whole isn't bad; it's nice to see that Dungeon Siege isn't included and the inclusion of the screwdriver is funky.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18[Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.