Although X38 and X48 are now starting to top out as the chipset of choice for the enthusiast and extreme gamers markets thanks to their full speed Crossfire support, PCI Express 2.0 upgrades as well as some nifty memory tweaks like XMP technology for the tame overclockers allows the chipset which started it all to remain in a good place as the mid-range monster; that being the P35 chipset.
P35 first brought DDR3 to us along with Crossfire support (though a hybrid design making it slower than X38/X48 offerings, it still gave us dual graphics card support nonetheless) and some very impressive overclocking results. In fact, P35 is often outclocking X38 and X48 chipsets. While we don't expect X38 to get any better, X48 is a premium chipset which we are hoping will exceed the P35's overclocking potential.
MSI's range of boards continue to grow much like that of the ASUS and GIGABYTE portfolio; in fact MSI is aiming at being one of the top contenders for value, features and overclocking; so far we have seen quite a few new and impressive boards from them, and when we first saw the P35 Diamond we simply had to get a closer look at it.
Today we have been given this opportunity to look at MSI's top P35 marvel designed with all the top features as well as some nice overclocking headroom. How does it perform? Let's have a deeper look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog