Many companies have attempted to make a passive cooler work. Some have included the hardware to mount a fan and some have not. The latter category products have pretty much all failed to impress anyone not running a specialty CPU that uses low voltage, i.e. low performance, underclocked from the factory.
The other category is passive CPU coolers that have the option or even require an aftermarket fan; they've always done pretty well. The end user can chose what type of cooling performance to acoustic noise ratio they prefer. The downside of this is of course cost as you have to calculate the fan and cooler cost. In today's test we used a 40 Dollar cooler with a 16 Dollar fan making the total just under 60 Dollars total.
Looking at our two performance charts there are many other coolers that I would personally choose over the ASUS Triton 75 in this price range, but then again these coolers do not match the Triton 75 in terms of customization for the end user.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- Radiohead has left the internet
- NVIDIA 365.10 drivers optimized for Overwatch, Forza
- LG fingerprint sensor sits beneath smartphone screen
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched