Since it's been so long since we have seen a graphics card from ECS we didn't really know what to expect as far as the package goes; if it was from ASUS it would be a massive box, or if it was Palit we know we would see a green frog on the front.
ECS have gone for a pretty standard sized box which carries a picture of a guy riding a dragon with spear in hand. A pretty cool looking picture but you have to wonder sometimes; does it really matter?
As far as information goes it's all very standard, we have the model across the bottom and brand across the top. The bottom right corner tells us about the memory and some of the key features. We have the normal array of NVIDIA logos and there is also mention of the Accelero S1 cooler being used on the card.
Turning the box over we can some more details on the 8800GT and what exactly the core can do for us along with a good section dedicated to the cooling solution used on the card. It's good to see ECS go into a bit of detail on the cooler because more often than not we see companies not explain the aftermarket cooler which is a big selling point to the card.
Moving inside the package, in the paperwork department we have a pretty standard line up with a user manual, installation instructions for the fan and a standard driver CD.
The cable department is also pretty run of the mill with an S-Video to S-Video/Component cable, DVI to VGA connector and a Molex to PCI Express connector.
One of the more interesting inclusions in the package are these two fans we see. While we have seen this cooler before, no company has chosen to include the optional fans. If you find you want to do a bit of overclocking, or it's getting a bit toasty in the summer you can then strap on the fans and get some extra cooling.
While the box is pretty nice and informative it didn't look too good for the ECS card as we went through the package, especially due to there being no games and only the standard array of cables; there just wasn't anything too exciting.
However, that was until we saw the extra fans included which are not only nice but also very practical for a lot of people. Hopefully ECS do decide to go down the game route and include something in future cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20