Since it's been so long since we have seen a graphics card from ECS we didn't really know what to expect as far as the package goes; if it was from ASUS it would be a massive box, or if it was Palit we know we would see a green frog on the front.
ECS have gone for a pretty standard sized box which carries a picture of a guy riding a dragon with spear in hand. A pretty cool looking picture but you have to wonder sometimes; does it really matter?
As far as information goes it's all very standard, we have the model across the bottom and brand across the top. The bottom right corner tells us about the memory and some of the key features. We have the normal array of NVIDIA logos and there is also mention of the Accelero S1 cooler being used on the card.
Turning the box over we can some more details on the 8800GT and what exactly the core can do for us along with a good section dedicated to the cooling solution used on the card. It's good to see ECS go into a bit of detail on the cooler because more often than not we see companies not explain the aftermarket cooler which is a big selling point to the card.
Moving inside the package, in the paperwork department we have a pretty standard line up with a user manual, installation instructions for the fan and a standard driver CD.
The cable department is also pretty run of the mill with an S-Video to S-Video/Component cable, DVI to VGA connector and a Molex to PCI Express connector.
One of the more interesting inclusions in the package are these two fans we see. While we have seen this cooler before, no company has chosen to include the optional fans. If you find you want to do a bit of overclocking, or it's getting a bit toasty in the summer you can then strap on the fans and get some extra cooling.
While the box is pretty nice and informative it didn't look too good for the ECS card as we went through the package, especially due to there being no games and only the standard array of cables; there just wasn't anything too exciting.
However, that was until we saw the extra fans included which are not only nice but also very practical for a lot of people. Hopefully ECS do decide to go down the game route and include something in future cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives