While monster power supplies boasting a 1000 or more wattage rating are all the rage, not everyone can afford them. Not only that, but many enthusiasts simply do not need that much power. For those buyers who are looking for an intermediate level power supply that can still handle the strain of a gaming rig, the Seasonic M12II performed remarkably well. Not only did it produce workable power levels across all three rails, it did so under load with a dual GPU setup.
It also features Active PFC, the 80+ efficiency rating and a five year warranty, something that many manufacturers have dropped of late. Add to this the modular design and a 120mm fan for cooling and you have a very reasonably capable PSU. All this and it can be found for less than US$100.
I also like the mesh coating over all modular cable harnesses. This is going to make your airflow battles inside the enclosure a whole lot easier to win. The power supply was also very silent during operation. I was unable to hear it at all when the system was idle and had to stick my head in the case to hear it running when it was under a strain. Very solid cooling plus quiet operation is always a good thing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup