Straight away when we pulled the card out of our big ugly white FedEX box the package caught our attention with the giant heatsink fan showing at the front of the box. The second thing to catch our attention was the Bumblebee-like transformer on the front of the box.
GECUBE have done a good job with the front of the box; the bottom of the box states clearly what the model is and we can also easily see that the card comes with 1GB of GDDR3. The right of the box shows us some logos including the Crossfire X one along with some of the main features like PCI-Express 2.0, Full HD and Quad Dual Link DVI. The top of the box has the brand which is GECUBE in this case along with the X-Turbo Dual logo which we believe refers to the cooling solution used.
Turning the box over we have a pretty standard kind of line-up. The right side of the box gives us a picture of the card and explains some of the main details on offer. The left half of the box manages to just give us a run down on more features available while the bottom of the box gives us a few of the main features in a multitude of languages.
With the box out the way it's time to move on inside and just quickly bypass the card for a minute. The package isn't huge like you would probably expect or hope for with a high-end card like this; we receive a standard Manual along with an S-Video to RCA cable, S-Video to Component, DVI to VGA, DVI to HDMI and 2x Molex to PCI Express connectors.
The box looks fantastic, it's just a bit disappointing that once we dived inside we didn't get any game or other trinkets. Though you'd hope this helps keep the costs down and that the card is nice and competitive in the graphics department because this is ultimately why you spend $600 AUD on a graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.