Foxconn's boards all use the AMI Megatends BIOS setup which AMI has now designed to look and function more like that of the Award BIOS. In the past AMI BIOS setups have been sluggish, restrictive in overclocking settings and hard to setup, now AMI has made a big push to get on the customers good side and the Foxconn BIOS is extremely user friendly with all the overclocking and tweaking you will need. To get access to the Overclocking section you need to access the Fox Central Control Unit Menu.
CPU Frequency Setting: 200 - 800 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency Setting: 100 - 200 in 1MHz Increments
PCI Clock: 33.3MHz, 37.3MHz, 42.0MHz
CPU VID: 1.1625v to 1.6v in 0.0125v increments
Memory Voltage Control: +0.046v to +1.491v in various Increments
NB voltage Control: +0.032v to +0.380v in various increments
SB Voltage Control: +0.037v to +0.424v in various increments
FSB Voltage Control: +0.080v to +0.580v in various Increments
Overclocking our board was a pretty typical affair; thanks to the PCI and PCI Express clock controls we managed to lock them off to 100Mhz for PCI Express and 33MHz for the PCI bus. Doing this and keeping the RAM at 1:1 we managed to get 512MHz out of our board. We did this with both DDR2 and DDR3 memory and both hit a wall at 513MHz so we assume the board has a few issues going above this or the chipset itself (most likely the X38 chipset).
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent