Package and Contents
Getting straight into it we start with the package and contents. The box is what I like to refer to as a jumbo box that is double a normal motherboard box that most standard retail boards come in. Coloured in a bright orange theme it's hard to mistake this one for any other board out there. The front of the box contains little info on the board itself.
Moving onto the back we get a full sized colour photo of the board along with quite a bit of info on the board's features and specifications which let us see what we are getting before we buy. It's hard to make a decision on a board if you can't see it determine if it has enough connectors for your system requirements.
Foxconn packs with the board two user manuals and a software/driver DVD. The user manual itself is rather thin compared to most manuals, however it does give you all the info on the board, BIOS and software included so there is no mysteries. The Quick Install manual gives you basic installation instructions if you're not into reading the full manual.
The CD that is included gives you Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) and Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) drivers. If you're a Linux junkie you're going to be disappointed as there are no Linux drivers on the CD. If you're planning to use alternative OS's to Windows you're going to have to search for the drivers.
Foxconn has gone all out on the cables; normally we see boards with only half the amount of cables that the board physically supports but Foxconn seems to be listening to the market. Out of the total six SATA ports the board has, you get a full six SATA data cables and six Molex to SATA power converters. The ribbon cables supplied are a single FDD cable that supports one floppy drive and a single IDE cable that supports two drives.
A single PCI cover bracket is supplied that has two USB 2.0 ports and a 4-pin Firewire port. With the 6-pin port on the rear I/O shield and the 4-pin through the expansion cable you get the best of both worlds here.
If you're looking to overclock like crazy Foxconn provides a small fan that attaches to the side of the Northbridge heatsink to allow for better heat dissipation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook