Intel's Core 2 portfolio keeps growing and growing. Not only does Core 2 now have its second incarnation with the Penryn based architecture that packs more in by reducing power and temperatures whilst offering even more performance per MHz, but it has a huge array of chipsets to run on as well with 90% of them coming from Intel alone. Intel's P35 chipset started the big push into the Core 2 market with P965 just showing what potential was lurking for the platform. P35 gave us DDR2 and DDR3 memory support on a single chip along with Crossfire support and all the latest features on the ICH9 family Southbridge.
X38 has now come out along with its bigger brother, the X48 targeted at the extreme user wanting every last drop of overclocking available to them; but for the more money conscious users who don't want to sacrifice performance or functionality, the X38 chipset is the way to go. Since the X48 is simply an X38 with improved clock speed support and official support for 1600MHz FSB CPU's, the X38 shares its full feature set such as dual memory support (DDR2 and DDR3 memory controllers), PCI Express 2.0 support and full speed Crossfire.
Today we have a new board from Foxconn who are always trying to push further into the motherboard sector. If you want to get ahead today, you have to be creative or reduce costs as much as possible without sacrificing features. We have on hand the new Digital Life series Foxconn X38A board; how does it stack up? Come and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER