Another day, another DDR2 kit manages to come along and impress us. While we are leaning towards DDR3 as the future memory of choice, DDR2 still has its place. While clock speeds aren't going up anymore we are seeing higher density memory coming out which also clocks higher, runs at lower latencies and consumes less power to do its job, which is where the technology should now start heading.
AMD's Athlon 64 AM2 series are all DDR2 dependant, so its good to see that companies haven't given up on this memory standard; until AMD goes AM3 (who knows when that will launch) DDR2 still has a vital role to play.
PNY has done a great job on the XLR8 PC2-9384 kit; its price is just about right, performance is spot on and with a little more time in our labs we could definitely squeeze even more speed out of them. We haven't topped them out and it's good to see that they have headroom to play with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook