Another day, another DDR2 kit manages to come along and impress us. While we are leaning towards DDR3 as the future memory of choice, DDR2 still has its place. While clock speeds aren't going up anymore we are seeing higher density memory coming out which also clocks higher, runs at lower latencies and consumes less power to do its job, which is where the technology should now start heading.
AMD's Athlon 64 AM2 series are all DDR2 dependant, so its good to see that companies haven't given up on this memory standard; until AMD goes AM3 (who knows when that will launch) DDR2 still has a vital role to play.
PNY has done a great job on the XLR8 PC2-9384 kit; its price is just about right, performance is spot on and with a little more time in our labs we could definitely squeeze even more speed out of them. We haven't topped them out and it's good to see that they have headroom to play with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- SEGA is listening to the Dreamcast 2 pitch, seems receptive
- Assassin's Creed Identity is a bite sized parkour playland
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform