Another day, another DDR2 kit manages to come along and impress us. While we are leaning towards DDR3 as the future memory of choice, DDR2 still has its place. While clock speeds aren't going up anymore we are seeing higher density memory coming out which also clocks higher, runs at lower latencies and consumes less power to do its job, which is where the technology should now start heading.
AMD's Athlon 64 AM2 series are all DDR2 dependant, so its good to see that companies haven't given up on this memory standard; until AMD goes AM3 (who knows when that will launch) DDR2 still has a vital role to play.
PNY has done a great job on the XLR8 PC2-9384 kit; its price is just about right, performance is spot on and with a little more time in our labs we could definitely squeeze even more speed out of them. We haven't topped them out and it's good to see that they have headroom to play with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family