Another day, another DDR2 kit manages to come along and impress us. While we are leaning towards DDR3 as the future memory of choice, DDR2 still has its place. While clock speeds aren't going up anymore we are seeing higher density memory coming out which also clocks higher, runs at lower latencies and consumes less power to do its job, which is where the technology should now start heading.
AMD's Athlon 64 AM2 series are all DDR2 dependant, so its good to see that companies haven't given up on this memory standard; until AMD goes AM3 (who knows when that will launch) DDR2 still has a vital role to play.
PNY has done a great job on the XLR8 PC2-9384 kit; its price is just about right, performance is spot on and with a little more time in our labs we could definitely squeeze even more speed out of them. We haven't topped them out and it's good to see that they have headroom to play with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017