Our testing is geared towards the luxury high-end CPUs so coolers that are designed for the lower end of the scale don't look very appealing when put into this type of apples to apples format. The GlacialTech 5610 Silent and PWM are the lowest priced coolers we have tested to date with an MSRP in the mid 20 Dollar range.
Would the GlacialTech 5610 be a good choice for the lowest speed binned Intel processors? With a non overclocked Core 2 Duo or Celeron Series it would certainly be a choice, but from our testing the stock Intel CPU Cooler would be a better option. Many processors are sold as OEM or tray style units without heatsinks and this produces the need for a low cost (and in this case low performance) heatsink.
Overclockers, enthusiasts or just about anyone using a high speed processor will want to steer clear from the GlacialTech 5610 PWM and Silent. I really wish GlacialTech would have included their disclaimer on the retail box about high-end processors, in my opinion this information should be added on the next round of box printing and a sticker sent out to distributers to attach to current stock. With the numbers we encountered from our testing permanent damage could result from using this cooler on an overclocked processor or any quad-core part running at 2.6 GHz or higher.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017