While we have mainly concentrated on the desktop market when it comes to hard drives, we must not forget the micro cousin which fills the notebook sector. Desktops are the primary mode for users of computers, but for the business user or those who want the Digital Notebook experience, some of the drives out there are too slow and have an extremely limited capacity; this is due to the power requirements of a notebook as well as the physical size constraints you're limited to.
Hitachi has come up with what looks to be one of the best ideas in the notebook storage market; an upgrade kit that includes a 2.5" Serial ATA hard disk which is what every new notebook along with some older ones on the market use. Designed to give you two hard disks in total, the new one is placed inside your notebook while the older one is installed into a USB powered 2.5" HDD enclosure and run through your USB ports; this giving you even more storage capacity.
Today we test out Hitachi's Notebook Upgrade Kit with 200GB capacity and a USB external enclosure included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99