Recently we performed a test of several TIM products that have recently hit the market. All of these new kids on the block are using a new formula and getting away from thermally conductive materials. OCZ follows this plan of attack and offers something they call Freeze. It still comes in an easy to use syringe dispenser so you won't have to worry about how you're going to apply the compound.
One thing OCZ has managed to do is to make the consistency of their TIM a lot smoother. This makes application to your processor or GPU very simple. You will not have to worry about your TIM clumping up and possibly creating voids in the core area. It gives you a peace of mind when you know your thermal material is going to spread completely over your core.
Another advantage of the Freeze compound is the lack of any required burn-in time. Many will recall the requisite two day burn time to allow the TIM to properly set up. This product does not require this burning in and allows you to apply and overclock without fear of not getting the proper thermal protection. This makes for much greater convenience for those who want to push their systems to their utter limits.
So, we have a compound that is easy to apply and has a very smooth texture for optimal protection. It is also non-conductive and requires no burn-in. While everything is looking good so far, we now turn our attention to actual usage so we can see just how well it performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Facebook will zap free internet to Africa via satellite
- Spurned Pokemon fan raises $4000 to pay for copyright fine
- Jack Dorsey reprises role as Twitter's CEO
- New writers board 'Gran Turismo' feature film
- 'Lethal Weapon' series reloads for TV
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog