Recently we performed a test of several TIM products that have recently hit the market. All of these new kids on the block are using a new formula and getting away from thermally conductive materials. OCZ follows this plan of attack and offers something they call Freeze. It still comes in an easy to use syringe dispenser so you won't have to worry about how you're going to apply the compound.
One thing OCZ has managed to do is to make the consistency of their TIM a lot smoother. This makes application to your processor or GPU very simple. You will not have to worry about your TIM clumping up and possibly creating voids in the core area. It gives you a peace of mind when you know your thermal material is going to spread completely over your core.
Another advantage of the Freeze compound is the lack of any required burn-in time. Many will recall the requisite two day burn time to allow the TIM to properly set up. This product does not require this burning in and allows you to apply and overclock without fear of not getting the proper thermal protection. This makes for much greater convenience for those who want to push their systems to their utter limits.
So, we have a compound that is easy to apply and has a very smooth texture for optimal protection. It is also non-conductive and requires no burn-in. While everything is looking good so far, we now turn our attention to actual usage so we can see just how well it performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Prepare for 3 IT Security Certifications for $30
- GameTrailers abruptly shuts down after 13 years of entertainment
- Take a picture in Firewatch, have a real-world photo printed and sent
- Denuvo DRM tech convinces leading games pirates to give up
- Instagram will finally support multiple accounts later this week
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance