OCZ's PC2-6400 ReaperX Modules
Pressing on, we start our journey as always with the package. OCZ ships the ReaperX series in their split-away plastic blister package. These are easy to open, no knives or scissors required unlike some packages. The front contains very little info on the modules as does the back apart from timing information; however, you can clearly see the modules so there is not really much need for info on the box itself.
After unpacking the modules you get to see how unique they actually are. While they are part of the Reaper series of modules, the heat pipe has been re-designed for better heat conductivity. The kit that was sent to us is a 4GB kit containing 2x2GB modules designed to run at 800MHz with timings of 4-4-3-15.
Looking at a single module, OCZ has re-designed its HPC or Heat Pipe Conduit. On the original Reaper series, a copper pipe came out of each end of the module and met up above the PCB to a heatsink that dissipated heat into the air. The new HPC has two pipes coming out of one end of the module, one of them cools the front side of the RAM, and the other cools the back. These then go up above the memory and are fitted with fins that allow better heat dissipation over the older copper design pipe of the original HPC.
On one side of each module there is a sticker with the company logo, product model number and spec rating for the modules. This series is designed to run at 800MHz with a timing profile of 4-4-3-15 using the 1.8v standard DDR2 voltage. OCZ has rated these modules to a voltage of 2.2v which still keeps them under their Extended Voltage Protection warranty. For those of you who are using an AMD K8 platform with NVIDIA SLI chipsets or the 680i chipset, EPP is supported on these modules, though we have never found this to be of any real benefit for overclocking at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99