Looking solely at DDR2 these days we don't see memory passing the 1200MHz barrier, this seems to be the limit of what DDR2 is capable of doing. While we won't see speed barriers broken here, companies are trying to improve the existing technologies with lower latencies at higher clock speeds; this is where the AMD platform generally performs better than the Intel platform.
OCZ Technologies have really pushed their line of overclocking memories, and without a doubt they have really impressed us here. The Reaper series with heatpipe cooling helps cool the modules a lot better than the standard heatsinks, and the XLC series works even better thanks to water cooling. While our modules we tested today don't utilize water, the heatsink design has done a fantastic job nonetheless; the modules ran rather cool at full speed overclocking.
Overall the OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 Kit is extremely impressive, and is ideally aimed at users who want lower latencies out of their DDR2-800 kit with the ability to overclock. Also, if you're wanting to use the EPP feature in conjunction with an NVIDIA chipset, you have that option too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- Latest Final Fantasy XIV patch loaded with new content
- Destiny 2 coming to PC with major improvements
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now