Looking solely at DDR2 these days we don't see memory passing the 1200MHz barrier, this seems to be the limit of what DDR2 is capable of doing. While we won't see speed barriers broken here, companies are trying to improve the existing technologies with lower latencies at higher clock speeds; this is where the AMD platform generally performs better than the Intel platform.
OCZ Technologies have really pushed their line of overclocking memories, and without a doubt they have really impressed us here. The Reaper series with heatpipe cooling helps cool the modules a lot better than the standard heatsinks, and the XLC series works even better thanks to water cooling. While our modules we tested today don't utilize water, the heatsink design has done a fantastic job nonetheless; the modules ran rather cool at full speed overclocking.
Overall the OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 Kit is extremely impressive, and is ideally aimed at users who want lower latencies out of their DDR2-800 kit with the ability to overclock. Also, if you're wanting to use the EPP feature in conjunction with an NVIDIA chipset, you have that option too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design