Looking solely at DDR2 these days we don't see memory passing the 1200MHz barrier, this seems to be the limit of what DDR2 is capable of doing. While we won't see speed barriers broken here, companies are trying to improve the existing technologies with lower latencies at higher clock speeds; this is where the AMD platform generally performs better than the Intel platform.
OCZ Technologies have really pushed their line of overclocking memories, and without a doubt they have really impressed us here. The Reaper series with heatpipe cooling helps cool the modules a lot better than the standard heatsinks, and the XLC series works even better thanks to water cooling. While our modules we tested today don't utilize water, the heatsink design has done a fantastic job nonetheless; the modules ran rather cool at full speed overclocking.
Overall the OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 Kit is extremely impressive, and is ideally aimed at users who want lower latencies out of their DDR2-800 kit with the ability to overclock. Also, if you're wanting to use the EPP feature in conjunction with an NVIDIA chipset, you have that option too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20