Looking solely at DDR2 these days we don't see memory passing the 1200MHz barrier, this seems to be the limit of what DDR2 is capable of doing. While we won't see speed barriers broken here, companies are trying to improve the existing technologies with lower latencies at higher clock speeds; this is where the AMD platform generally performs better than the Intel platform.
OCZ Technologies have really pushed their line of overclocking memories, and without a doubt they have really impressed us here. The Reaper series with heatpipe cooling helps cool the modules a lot better than the standard heatsinks, and the XLC series works even better thanks to water cooling. While our modules we tested today don't utilize water, the heatsink design has done a fantastic job nonetheless; the modules ran rather cool at full speed overclocking.
Overall the OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 Kit is extremely impressive, and is ideally aimed at users who want lower latencies out of their DDR2-800 kit with the ability to overclock. Also, if you're wanting to use the EPP feature in conjunction with an NVIDIA chipset, you have that option too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS