Nothing about the GlacialTech IGLOO 5710 Series really stands out as a need to have item. The performance is relatively low when used with a high speed multi-core CPU, and when the heat is on the acoustic nuisance rises just as much as the processor temperatures.
With that being said, the 5710s only cost around 30 Dollars and for many this will be the only feature of concern. Many processors are sold as OEM or tray style without retail heatsinks and many home system builders look for OEM style solutions with OEM style price points. If completing your system at the lowest possible cost is what you are looking for then the two 5710 coolers will work fine for low wattage CPUs. Our testing configuration is geared more for high speed multi-core processors so the performance numbers tend to be a little high when compared to single or even dual-core processors in real world performance.
Product availability is where GlacialTech needs to improve the most. With a distributer now setup in the US and Canada this area will improve quickly as products start to roll in. The home OEM system builder depends on availability just as much as cost so getting the products in their hands is obviously important.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS