Moving onto the actual card it's no surprise that the heatsink takes up the whole front of the card. We can see again the model, brand and the fact that this is an AMP! Edition, but the biggest thing worth mentioning is the bigger fan.
The bigger fan should show up more and more as it seems to be an official change from NVIDIA. What this should help us do is drop the temperature a little bit and also the noise levels.
Hidden away at the back of the card is a single PCI Express power connector that we have seen on all 8800GT cards, so it comes as no surprise.
Across the top of the card we can see the standard SLI connector, but what is really interesting here is the little white connector. With the cable provided in the package you plug one end into here and the other into your sound card or motherboard. This is needed if you want to get sound through the HDMI connector included in the package.
The I/O department is of course pretty standard with two Dual Link DVI Connectors and a TV-Out port.
With the card carrying the AMP! naming scheme it is of course overclocked out of the box. The standard 8800GT comes in at 600MHz on the core, 1500MHz shader clock and 1800MHz DDR on the memory.
ZOTAC have gotten pretty serious with the clocks on their 8800GT with the core coming in at 700MHz, shader carrying a clock of 1700MHz and the memory coming in at a healthy 2000MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.