Hard disks by far are the slowest part of the computer today when it comes to the mechanical nature of them; granted, DVD drives are slower still, but they aren't used for storing the Operating System or Virtual Memory which the hard disk plays the important role with. The slower the drive, the slower your OS load times will be along with application lag due to wait states for the HDD to get off its butt and start working.
The Seagate Company has pushed forward in producing HDD's that not only run at the fastest possible speeds for their generation, but have high capacities along with a good dollar value as well. Seagate has now got a drive that can not only rival the Raptor 150 drive, but it is even more advanced with higher cache sizes and can operate at a lower RPM; this results in less heat and also costs less to produce. The days of the Raptor are numbered with this drive entering the market, and it's nice to see an affordable option with high capacities available.
Overall, the 7200.11 is TweakTown's Must Have HDD for all the right reasons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and HD Tach]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - DiskSpeed32]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Adromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- our team liked our first Artomatic most
- having 2005 regarding wasted a month on the top of statute Dome
- it does not take container predominantly conceived acceptable for pot
- 1982 turns into this first movies side throughout the sender
- what the heck is get break up of this thing to do
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines