Hard disks by far are the slowest part of the computer today when it comes to the mechanical nature of them; granted, DVD drives are slower still, but they aren't used for storing the Operating System or Virtual Memory which the hard disk plays the important role with. The slower the drive, the slower your OS load times will be along with application lag due to wait states for the HDD to get off its butt and start working.
The Seagate Company has pushed forward in producing HDD's that not only run at the fastest possible speeds for their generation, but have high capacities along with a good dollar value as well. Seagate has now got a drive that can not only rival the Raptor 150 drive, but it is even more advanced with higher cache sizes and can operate at a lower RPM; this results in less heat and also costs less to produce. The days of the Raptor are numbered with this drive entering the market, and it's nice to see an affordable option with high capacities available.
Overall, the 7200.11 is TweakTown's Must Have HDD for all the right reasons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and HD Tach]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - DiskSpeed32]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- Thecus adds 8TB Seagate HDD support to their NAS range
- Sony expected to drop the PS4 price down to $350 for the holidays
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs