Hard disks by far are the slowest part of the computer today when it comes to the mechanical nature of them; granted, DVD drives are slower still, but they aren't used for storing the Operating System or Virtual Memory which the hard disk plays the important role with. The slower the drive, the slower your OS load times will be along with application lag due to wait states for the HDD to get off its butt and start working.
The Seagate Company has pushed forward in producing HDD's that not only run at the fastest possible speeds for their generation, but have high capacities along with a good dollar value as well. Seagate has now got a drive that can not only rival the Raptor 150 drive, but it is even more advanced with higher cache sizes and can operate at a lower RPM; this results in less heat and also costs less to produce. The days of the Raptor are numbered with this drive entering the market, and it's nice to see an affordable option with high capacities available.
Overall, the 7200.11 is TweakTown's Must Have HDD for all the right reasons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and HD Tach]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - DiskSpeed32]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20