Memory technology has come a long way, and it's good to see companies now starting to really embrace the DDR3 memory standard. While some people may be a bit gun shy following a memory pattern that Intel has laid out (especially regarding the RDRAM/i820 failure), Intel's moves of late have really seen a true light at the end of the tunnel, and it's only continuing to get brighter.
As for Patriot, this is our very first kit we have managed to receive from them, and hopefully not the last. While the modules didn't reach their full rated speeds in our test lab, it's all a matter of trial and error. Getting the right voltages set for each different component of the board makes for all the difference, and our limited time with our test samples makes it hard to really get the most out of the products available.
Overall, the modules we were sent were very impressive, and with more time I don't doubt they are capable of more as we only experienced a few resets when under heavy load, which if tracked down could be rectified and possibly fixed to make the memory work even harder and faster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives