Memory technology has come a long way, and it's good to see companies now starting to really embrace the DDR3 memory standard. While some people may be a bit gun shy following a memory pattern that Intel has laid out (especially regarding the RDRAM/i820 failure), Intel's moves of late have really seen a true light at the end of the tunnel, and it's only continuing to get brighter.
As for Patriot, this is our very first kit we have managed to receive from them, and hopefully not the last. While the modules didn't reach their full rated speeds in our test lab, it's all a matter of trial and error. Getting the right voltages set for each different component of the board makes for all the difference, and our limited time with our test samples makes it hard to really get the most out of the products available.
Overall, the modules we were sent were very impressive, and with more time I don't doubt they are capable of more as we only experienced a few resets when under heavy load, which if tracked down could be rectified and possibly fixed to make the memory work even harder and faster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications