As we have come to expect from ASUS we have another big box which gives us all the standard information that we have become so accustomed to seeing.
The box follows the Company of Heroes theme that we have seen on some of their higher end models lately. Across the bottom we can see the model along with the TOP logo displayed.
We can also see the Vista logo along with the ASUS GamerOSD and a mention of 256MB GDDR3 memory. Also shown is the fact that PCI Express 2.0 is supported.
Turning the box over there are some more details on the card along with the system requirements. The main portion of the box is taken up with information on the exclusive features that an ASUS card offers.
Diving deeper into the package, in the CD department we have the VGA driver disc which also has a number of ASUS exclusive applications. We also have a multi-language manual on another CD along with a full version copy of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
We also have a nice little CD wallet inside the package which is pretty common with higher end ASUS cards.
Paperwork wise there isn't a lot here, only a simple Speed Setup guide which you mostly likely won't need to refer to.
The cable department is also quite normal; along with the standard Molex to PCI Express connector, Component-out cable and DVI to VGA connector we also have the Crossfire connector which you will need if you want to run two cards. Also included is a DVI to HDMI connector if you want to make use of a digital connection to your TV.
The whole package isn't too bad at all, especially considering that the 3850 is more so higher mid-range rather than being purely high-end.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015