The ASUS Silent Knight II performs well against our previously tested CPU Coolers and has taken the crown for acoustic performance. The design is a bit unconventional but it is obvious from our testing that it is efficient. The cost of the cooler seems to be in the same range of similarly performing products, but the availability is limited right now.
Generally smaller fans produce more noise since they need to rotate faster to move the same amount of air as larger fans. The Silent Knight II uses a single 80mm fan and performs just as well and in some cases better than coolers using larger 92 and 120mm fans. ASUS engineers have really done a good job with the design of this cooler.
Fifty Dollars seems to be the going rate for high performance CPU Coolers in the US right now. It would seem that even though heat-pipe technology would make manufacturing heatsinks cheaper since it reduces the cost of raw materials, the reduction in cost has not spilled over to the consumer yet.
The Silent Knight II performs very well against coolers costing the same amount, but $50.00 USD could possibly get a faster processor in your system if you can handle the added acoustics of the retail heatsink and fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched