The ASUS Silent Knight II performs well against our previously tested CPU Coolers and has taken the crown for acoustic performance. The design is a bit unconventional but it is obvious from our testing that it is efficient. The cost of the cooler seems to be in the same range of similarly performing products, but the availability is limited right now.
Generally smaller fans produce more noise since they need to rotate faster to move the same amount of air as larger fans. The Silent Knight II uses a single 80mm fan and performs just as well and in some cases better than coolers using larger 92 and 120mm fans. ASUS engineers have really done a good job with the design of this cooler.
Fifty Dollars seems to be the going rate for high performance CPU Coolers in the US right now. It would seem that even though heat-pipe technology would make manufacturing heatsinks cheaper since it reduces the cost of raw materials, the reduction in cost has not spilled over to the consumer yet.
The Silent Knight II performs very well against coolers costing the same amount, but $50.00 USD could possibly get a faster processor in your system if you can handle the added acoustics of the retail heatsink and fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon reportedly buying Yahoo for $5 billion
- Apple's new iPhone 7 to be unveiled in early September
- Watch all of the best Comic-Con trailers right here
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta architecture could arrive in May 2017
- SAPPHIRE's new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 leaked photos surface
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard