Here we have the ASUS Silent Knight II. As mentioned before,the cooler uses six copper heatpipes that lead to a fin area. The fins cover around 65% of the fan that is centrally located between two banks of copper cooling fins.
A side view shows the heatpipes that are closest to the middle of the CPU die also being closest to the fan as they should be.
The back of the cooler looks much like the front. In this view you can see the way ASUS mounted the fan inside of the cooling fins.
The fins are not tightly packed on the outer edges but are condensed closer to the middle. This design allows for the best of both worlds, a high surface area with good air flow through the cooling fin area.
The power for the fan is delivered through a 4-pin PWM power connector that is round 8 inches long.
As you can see the base is not exactly a mirror finish; nothing that a little 1200 grit sand paper can't take care of, but who really has the time for that. With so many companies going to a nickel plated base for optimal surface contact I am surprised not to see it here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent