Here we have the ASUS Silent Knight II. As mentioned before,the cooler uses six copper heatpipes that lead to a fin area. The fins cover around 65% of the fan that is centrally located between two banks of copper cooling fins.
A side view shows the heatpipes that are closest to the middle of the CPU die also being closest to the fan as they should be.
The back of the cooler looks much like the front. In this view you can see the way ASUS mounted the fan inside of the cooling fins.
The fins are not tightly packed on the outer edges but are condensed closer to the middle. This design allows for the best of both worlds, a high surface area with good air flow through the cooling fin area.
The power for the fan is delivered through a 4-pin PWM power connector that is round 8 inches long.
As you can see the base is not exactly a mirror finish; nothing that a little 1200 grit sand paper can't take care of, but who really has the time for that. With so many companies going to a nickel plated base for optimal surface contact I am surprised not to see it here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset