Here we have the ASUS Silent Knight II. As mentioned before,the cooler uses six copper heatpipes that lead to a fin area. The fins cover around 65% of the fan that is centrally located between two banks of copper cooling fins.
A side view shows the heatpipes that are closest to the middle of the CPU die also being closest to the fan as they should be.
The back of the cooler looks much like the front. In this view you can see the way ASUS mounted the fan inside of the cooling fins.
The fins are not tightly packed on the outer edges but are condensed closer to the middle. This design allows for the best of both worlds, a high surface area with good air flow through the cooling fin area.
The power for the fan is delivered through a 4-pin PWM power connector that is round 8 inches long.
As you can see the base is not exactly a mirror finish; nothing that a little 1200 grit sand paper can't take care of, but who really has the time for that. With so many companies going to a nickel plated base for optimal surface contact I am surprised not to see it here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications