The newest Volcano is here and it's a good one. Though I had problems with the variable speed fan, the design still proved itself to be effective and still maintain a stylish look. With more and more people going to a windowed case, good looks is playing a vital role in the sales of heatsinks. It's good to see that you can have a good looking cooler and also receive a respectable amount of actual cooling.
As stated earlier, though, if you have a lot of case cooling, then you might want to consider getting yourself a fan that doesn't change speeds on you. While the concept is very interesting, the high rate of air moving throughout the case won't allow it to heat up enough to activate the fan's higher rates of speed. It will, however, work well in a normally vented case. When I turned off some of the fannage running within my case, I was able to reach the better cooling capabilities of the fan.
Bottom line...If you're building a new system and want a heatsink that looks cool and can also keep your system at an acceptable temperature, then check out the Volcano7 HSF. It is an effective cooler and costs about US$10 less than the Alpha sink that was used as a comparison (and that's an Alpha without a fan).
Very smooth base
Lot of case airflow impedes the variable fan
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog