The newest Volcano is here and it's a good one. Though I had problems with the variable speed fan, the design still proved itself to be effective and still maintain a stylish look. With more and more people going to a windowed case, good looks is playing a vital role in the sales of heatsinks. It's good to see that you can have a good looking cooler and also receive a respectable amount of actual cooling.
As stated earlier, though, if you have a lot of case cooling, then you might want to consider getting yourself a fan that doesn't change speeds on you. While the concept is very interesting, the high rate of air moving throughout the case won't allow it to heat up enough to activate the fan's higher rates of speed. It will, however, work well in a normally vented case. When I turned off some of the fannage running within my case, I was able to reach the better cooling capabilities of the fan.
Bottom line...If you're building a new system and want a heatsink that looks cool and can also keep your system at an acceptable temperature, then check out the Volcano7 HSF. It is an effective cooler and costs about US$10 less than the Alpha sink that was used as a comparison (and that's an Alpha without a fan).
Very smooth base
Lot of case airflow impedes the variable fan
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis