The newest Volcano is here and it's a good one. Though I had problems with the variable speed fan, the design still proved itself to be effective and still maintain a stylish look. With more and more people going to a windowed case, good looks is playing a vital role in the sales of heatsinks. It's good to see that you can have a good looking cooler and also receive a respectable amount of actual cooling.
As stated earlier, though, if you have a lot of case cooling, then you might want to consider getting yourself a fan that doesn't change speeds on you. While the concept is very interesting, the high rate of air moving throughout the case won't allow it to heat up enough to activate the fan's higher rates of speed. It will, however, work well in a normally vented case. When I turned off some of the fannage running within my case, I was able to reach the better cooling capabilities of the fan.
Bottom line...If you're building a new system and want a heatsink that looks cool and can also keep your system at an acceptable temperature, then check out the Volcano7 HSF. It is an effective cooler and costs about US$10 less than the Alpha sink that was used as a comparison (and that's an Alpha without a fan).
Very smooth base
Lot of case airflow impedes the variable fan
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- SanDisk expands superfast MicroSD lineup
- LG partners with Valve to make next-gen VR headset
- Official 'Alien Covenant' prequel short released online
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity