There is only so much you can do with a card that carries a stock cooler, you take the clocks up to a level that your company is comfortable with and chuck in a decent full version game.
Inno3D have managed to do both of these; sure I'm not a fan of the Tomb Raider series these days but no doubt there are still a lot of people out there who are, and we could think of worse games that could come with a graphics card - *cough* Dungeon Siege *cough*.
You're going to pay a premium for an overclocked card, but the price can more often than not come in below the price of stock clocked cards from companies like ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI.
Word is that 8800GTS 512MB stock is growing over the next week or two, and hopefully this is true but we won't really know for sure until it happens. We also have a new driver from AMD just around the corner and we don't doubt for a second that the focus of the driver is going to be both on the 3850 and 3870 which were released about a month ago.
It's becoming difficult to decide which video card to buy between the vast range of models currently available. With competitive prices and stock issues it's never been so hard, but in all honesty we can say that if you picked up the Inno3D 8800GT OC you're not going to be disappointed. It handles most scenarios very well and if you want to overclock a bit more you shouldn't have too much drama as we rose up to over 700MHz core and 2000MHz DDR on the memory with just a short amount of time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel