There is only so much you can do with a card that carries a stock cooler, you take the clocks up to a level that your company is comfortable with and chuck in a decent full version game.
Inno3D have managed to do both of these; sure I'm not a fan of the Tomb Raider series these days but no doubt there are still a lot of people out there who are, and we could think of worse games that could come with a graphics card - *cough* Dungeon Siege *cough*.
You're going to pay a premium for an overclocked card, but the price can more often than not come in below the price of stock clocked cards from companies like ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI.
Word is that 8800GTS 512MB stock is growing over the next week or two, and hopefully this is true but we won't really know for sure until it happens. We also have a new driver from AMD just around the corner and we don't doubt for a second that the focus of the driver is going to be both on the 3850 and 3870 which were released about a month ago.
It's becoming difficult to decide which video card to buy between the vast range of models currently available. With competitive prices and stock issues it's never been so hard, but in all honesty we can say that if you picked up the Inno3D 8800GT OC you're not going to be disappointed. It handles most scenarios very well and if you want to overclock a bit more you shouldn't have too much drama as we rose up to over 700MHz core and 2000MHz DDR on the memory with just a short amount of time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- Halo PC is finally happening, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology
- QPAD's latest mouse launches world premier at Dreamhack
- Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans