Setting Up the Speakers
Setup is quite a straight forward process; it's just a matter of connecting the left and right speakers to the subwoofer and the latter to a source such as your PCI soundcard. It's then a matter of plugging the subwoofer/amp into the wall and you're away.
Configuration is also pretty easy stuff as we are simply looking at a 2.1 system here. As long as your soundcard is set to 2.1 mode, then there should be no problems.
Looking at the satellite dimensions; these are 120mm wide, 172mm high and 110mm deep. Each satellite is magnetically shielded. The largest speaker in the satellite contains a 3.5" full range driver and as mentioned earlier is constructed from Kevlar for extra strength. This speaker is mounted via four small allen key bolts onto a burnt steel coloured ring of metal. Above these sit a 1" dome tweeter, again mounted in the same fashion with the exception of the metal insert.
Keeping everything together, we have some nice MDF cabinets which are ported in the rear and provide better timber and natural acoustics to the sound over the moulded plastic enclosures we see 99% of the time in multimedia systems due to manufacturing costs. Each speaker is then sent 12watts in 4ohms; whether or not they are referring to RMS with that rating is anyone's guess.
The subwoofer driver is again made from Kevlar, but this time we are given a 6.5" driver in a much larger bass reflex box (although it is dwarfed by my MegaWorks Z5450 subs) with a port at the rear along with connections for the two speakers and signal from your source. Also found on the sub's backing plate is volume, bass and treble controls. 25watts into 4 ohms is given to the unit, but again I cannot say whether this is an RMS figure or not, although I would strongly feel it to be. Dimensions of the sub woofer are 215mm wide, 275mm high and 200mm deep. At this point I cannot give much in the way of information on the amplifier built into the subwoofer.
Now that we've spent some time delving into the design of the speakers, let's see how they perform to the well trained ear.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015