DFI's BIOS setup is based around the same BIOS they have always used for their Infinity range of boards with Overclocking Profile saving, so you can simply recall what setup you had and can tweak it even further. All of the overclocking features lie under the Genie BIOS setup menu.
CPU clock: 200 - 700MHz in 1MHz Increments
Boot Up Clock: 100 - 410MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E Clock: 100 - 250MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU VID Special Add: +12.5mv to +787.5mv in +12.5mv increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 3.378v in 0.025v Increments
SB 1.05v Voltage: 10.5v to 1.3v in Various Increments
SB Core/CPU PLL Voltage: 1.55v to 2.15v in Various Increments
NB Core Voltage: 1.3v to 1.9v in Various Increments
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.2v to 1.9v in 0.05v increments
Overclocking on this board was pretty good considering. The limiting factor was the CPU voltage which would tend to fluctuate under Windows when loaded up. If you set it too low it would under volt and cause system crashes, too high and thermal problems arose.
We did manage to hit a max speed of 502MHz on the FSB with all of the settings available to us. The best feature we found was the Boot-up Clock. This allowed the board to boot to the BIOS using a specified FSB speed that would allow posting, and then increase the FSB to its set limit; this would give it more of a chance to boot up when first turned on in the morning.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller