DFI's BIOS setup is based around the same BIOS they have always used for their Infinity range of boards with Overclocking Profile saving, so you can simply recall what setup you had and can tweak it even further. All of the overclocking features lie under the Genie BIOS setup menu.
CPU clock: 200 - 700MHz in 1MHz Increments
Boot Up Clock: 100 - 410MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E Clock: 100 - 250MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU VID Special Add: +12.5mv to +787.5mv in +12.5mv increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 3.378v in 0.025v Increments
SB 1.05v Voltage: 10.5v to 1.3v in Various Increments
SB Core/CPU PLL Voltage: 1.55v to 2.15v in Various Increments
NB Core Voltage: 1.3v to 1.9v in Various Increments
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.2v to 1.9v in 0.05v increments
Overclocking on this board was pretty good considering. The limiting factor was the CPU voltage which would tend to fluctuate under Windows when loaded up. If you set it too low it would under volt and cause system crashes, too high and thermal problems arose.
We did manage to hit a max speed of 502MHz on the FSB with all of the settings available to us. The best feature we found was the Boot-up Clock. This allowed the board to boot to the BIOS using a specified FSB speed that would allow posting, and then increase the FSB to its set limit; this would give it more of a chance to boot up when first turned on in the morning.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20