Using the Program
The program interface is split into several tabbed areas, each of which defines the variables desired when recovering passwords. Let's step through each of them:
The range tab specifies the type of characters you wish to scan for in the password. For example, if you remember that the password had only lowercase letters, then you would only check the box labelled "All Small Latin". On the other hand, if you had forgotten what the password contained, then you could select "All Printable". Be warned though - this increases the time needed to recover passwords exponentially!
You can also specify where to start trying to recover the password. For instance, if you knew that the password began with the character string "Fa7d", then you could type that in the "Start from" box. The "End at" box works the same way, if you knew that the password was before "Fa7dzzzz", type that in.
The Length tab is quite straightforward. You simply specify how many characters the password contains. For example, you could select between 1 and 8 (as shown above). Not much here at all, is there?
This is where the malicious hackers could have a ball. Due to human beings (in general) not being able to remember cryptic codes too well, we unfortunately choose common words as the password. Cities, People's names, pet's names etc are all commonly used. ARCHPR comes with a dictionary attack, and you can even specify your own dictionary if you wish. The program also comes with clever options such as "Smart mutations", which is a dictionary word that could have one letter spelt incorrectly. And once again, you can choose where you would like the dictionary scan to begin in the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni