Using the Program
The program interface is split into several tabbed areas, each of which defines the variables desired when recovering passwords. Let's step through each of them:
The range tab specifies the type of characters you wish to scan for in the password. For example, if you remember that the password had only lowercase letters, then you would only check the box labelled "All Small Latin". On the other hand, if you had forgotten what the password contained, then you could select "All Printable". Be warned though - this increases the time needed to recover passwords exponentially!
You can also specify where to start trying to recover the password. For instance, if you knew that the password began with the character string "Fa7d", then you could type that in the "Start from" box. The "End at" box works the same way, if you knew that the password was before "Fa7dzzzz", type that in.
The Length tab is quite straightforward. You simply specify how many characters the password contains. For example, you could select between 1 and 8 (as shown above). Not much here at all, is there?
This is where the malicious hackers could have a ball. Due to human beings (in general) not being able to remember cryptic codes too well, we unfortunately choose common words as the password. Cities, People's names, pet's names etc are all commonly used. ARCHPR comes with a dictionary attack, and you can even specify your own dictionary if you wish. The program also comes with clever options such as "Smart mutations", which is a dictionary word that could have one letter spelt incorrectly. And once again, you can choose where you would like the dictionary scan to begin in the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls III has a beautifully dramatic opening cinematic
- Google might be planning on launching new VR headset later this year
- MSI launches GT72S G Tobii gaming laptop with eye-tracking, GTX 980M
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance