Has there ever been a time where you have forgotten a password to a compressed file? And the fuss that follows? Well, I was recently invited to review a product from the Russian company ElcomSoft , which specialises in password recovery solutions. Their latest product in recovering ZIP, RAR, ACE and ARJ passwords is Advanced Archive Password Recovery (ARCHPR), now in its second version. How does this product perform? Let's find out!
After establishing contact with ElcomSoft, they sent me a serial to activate the full registered version of the program. This is a simple matter of cutting and pasting the serial in, not very complicated at all. Here's a look at the program interface:
I tested an earlier version of ARCHPR a few years ago, and this was rather tricky to use, because it was run from the command prompt. This version features a very slick and easy-to-use interface, and is quite stable as well (no crashes occurred). It quickly occurred to me "maybe crackers could use this to maliciously hack encrypted files?" But after investigating further, this would have to be a rather small problem, as you will see later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel