Has there ever been a time where you have forgotten a password to a compressed file? And the fuss that follows? Well, I was recently invited to review a product from the Russian company ElcomSoft , which specialises in password recovery solutions. Their latest product in recovering ZIP, RAR, ACE and ARJ passwords is Advanced Archive Password Recovery (ARCHPR), now in its second version. How does this product perform? Let's find out!
After establishing contact with ElcomSoft, they sent me a serial to activate the full registered version of the program. This is a simple matter of cutting and pasting the serial in, not very complicated at all. Here's a look at the program interface:
I tested an earlier version of ARCHPR a few years ago, and this was rather tricky to use, because it was run from the command prompt. This version features a very slick and easy-to-use interface, and is quite stable as well (no crashes occurred). It quickly occurred to me "maybe crackers could use this to maliciously hack encrypted files?" But after investigating further, this would have to be a rather small problem, as you will see later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017