Has there ever been a time where you have forgotten a password to a compressed file? And the fuss that follows? Well, I was recently invited to review a product from the Russian company ElcomSoft , which specialises in password recovery solutions. Their latest product in recovering ZIP, RAR, ACE and ARJ passwords is Advanced Archive Password Recovery (ARCHPR), now in its second version. How does this product perform? Let's find out!
After establishing contact with ElcomSoft, they sent me a serial to activate the full registered version of the program. This is a simple matter of cutting and pasting the serial in, not very complicated at all. Here's a look at the program interface:
I tested an earlier version of ARCHPR a few years ago, and this was rather tricky to use, because it was run from the command prompt. This version features a very slick and easy-to-use interface, and is quite stable as well (no crashes occurred). It quickly occurred to me "maybe crackers could use this to maliciously hack encrypted files?" But after investigating further, this would have to be a rather small problem, as you will see later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club