NVIDIA's latest chipset is certainly nothing to get over excited about when it all boils down to it. Though with that being said, its graphics core is well above anything that Intel currently has available in their G33 chipsets. NVIDIA's chip allows for a maximum of 256MB of system memory to be diverted to the graphics core whilst Intel tops out around the 64 to 128MB mark using the DVMT which assigns memory as it goes.
While the single channel memory controller does limit the upgradability of the boards memory beyond 4GB, your basic system is not going to need this much at this stage. 2GB using Vista Home Premium is enough to get by and the integrated graphics having Vista certification gives you the option to run the Aero desktop without too much of a performance penalty.
Looking at the board GIGABYTE supplied us, it's more than what you're going to want for the Digital Home sector. But if you're aiming for an encoding PC, this one is going to be slower than your Dual Channel boards like the G33. Let's hope NVIDIA looks at this and releases a more mainstream chipset with at least Dual Channel DDR2-667 support. That would be more than adequate to handle these tasks and even overtake Intel in the Dual Channel tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Elgato reveals new Stream Deck streaming hub
- Battle.net client is now called 'Blizzard'
- Mass Effect: Andromeda faces prove it needed more time
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse