NVIDIA's latest chipset is certainly nothing to get over excited about when it all boils down to it. Though with that being said, its graphics core is well above anything that Intel currently has available in their G33 chipsets. NVIDIA's chip allows for a maximum of 256MB of system memory to be diverted to the graphics core whilst Intel tops out around the 64 to 128MB mark using the DVMT which assigns memory as it goes.
While the single channel memory controller does limit the upgradability of the boards memory beyond 4GB, your basic system is not going to need this much at this stage. 2GB using Vista Home Premium is enough to get by and the integrated graphics having Vista certification gives you the option to run the Aero desktop without too much of a performance penalty.
Looking at the board GIGABYTE supplied us, it's more than what you're going to want for the Digital Home sector. But if you're aiming for an encoding PC, this one is going to be slower than your Dual Channel boards like the G33. Let's hope NVIDIA looks at this and releases a more mainstream chipset with at least Dual Channel DDR2-667 support. That would be more than adequate to handle these tasks and even overtake Intel in the Dual Channel tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system