NVIDIA has really made a huge name for itself over the past decade; not only do they have world class GPUs for desktop and notebook solutions, but they were also bold enough to push into the platform chipset market. This is something that no GPU maker had really made a go of before, though it hasn't been a smooth ride for them. Compared to Intel, the NVIDIA range of chipsets are much smaller. Intel has at any one time five to six different chipsets, where NVIDIA is lucky to have two. However, today it isn't so as they have further expanded to really take advantage of the growing market share.
Being a graphics card maker, there is one area that NVIDIA has a leg up, that being the IGP market. For the basic home PC and office workstation, IGP based boards really do have a home. Even for a Digital Home PC that does nothing but play movies and record TV programs, integrated graphics is perfect as there is no need to add in extra expansive hardware.
Till now, NVIDIA hasn't had an IGP based solution for the Intel market; it has been supplying ones solely for the AMD sector. Core 2 and Pentium Dual Core CPUs are perfect CPUs for an IGP board. The only problem is that Intel G31 / G33 boards don't have much power when it comes to running any graphics programs. Now the field gets a new player, introducing the new kid on the block, NVIDIA's GeForce 7150 chipset paired with the 630i southbridge. How does it fair? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti