The cooler on the Rosewill RCX-Z5 has the 92mm fan. The fan uses four blue LEDs that illuminate more as voltage is ramped to the fan. At full power the fan is very bright, one of the brightest I have seen besides the Cooler Master LED units.
A look from the side shows the heatsink-to-fan mounting mechanism. Rosewill uses an ABS to rubber plug that eliminates audible vibrations found in other products.
The heatpipe design is also visible in this image. Several companies have used a straight U design and in most cases its not as efficient as the elbow method. By adding the curve to the pipe it is possible to add more fluid to the pipe while also making the fluid flow back to the base easier. In a typical computer case the processor is at the top of the case and if the fan is mounted below the CPU then the fluid can return to the CPU base easier.
From the rear you can see the wave design in the fins. This gives the Z5 more surface area allowing the cooler to dissipate more heat at a higher rate.
Rosewill has used a long power wire for their fan. The connector is a 4-pin design that will allow advanced speed control from the motherboard.
The Rosewill RCX-Z5 uses nickel plating over a copper base. The end result is a smooth, mirror like finish that will not tarnish over time. As you can see from the image, the surface is flawless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- Verizon reportedly buying Yahoo for $5 billion
- Apple's new iPhone 7 to be unveiled in early September
- Watch all of the best Comic-Con trailers right here
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta architecture could arrive in May 2017
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard