The cooler on the Rosewill RCX-Z5 has the 92mm fan. The fan uses four blue LEDs that illuminate more as voltage is ramped to the fan. At full power the fan is very bright, one of the brightest I have seen besides the Cooler Master LED units.
A look from the side shows the heatsink-to-fan mounting mechanism. Rosewill uses an ABS to rubber plug that eliminates audible vibrations found in other products.
The heatpipe design is also visible in this image. Several companies have used a straight U design and in most cases its not as efficient as the elbow method. By adding the curve to the pipe it is possible to add more fluid to the pipe while also making the fluid flow back to the base easier. In a typical computer case the processor is at the top of the case and if the fan is mounted below the CPU then the fluid can return to the CPU base easier.
From the rear you can see the wave design in the fins. This gives the Z5 more surface area allowing the cooler to dissipate more heat at a higher rate.
Rosewill has used a long power wire for their fan. The connector is a 4-pin design that will allow advanced speed control from the motherboard.
The Rosewill RCX-Z5 uses nickel plating over a copper base. The end result is a smooth, mirror like finish that will not tarnish over time. As you can see from the image, the surface is flawless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives