The cooler on the Rosewill RCX-Z5 has the 92mm fan. The fan uses four blue LEDs that illuminate more as voltage is ramped to the fan. At full power the fan is very bright, one of the brightest I have seen besides the Cooler Master LED units.
A look from the side shows the heatsink-to-fan mounting mechanism. Rosewill uses an ABS to rubber plug that eliminates audible vibrations found in other products.
The heatpipe design is also visible in this image. Several companies have used a straight U design and in most cases its not as efficient as the elbow method. By adding the curve to the pipe it is possible to add more fluid to the pipe while also making the fluid flow back to the base easier. In a typical computer case the processor is at the top of the case and if the fan is mounted below the CPU then the fluid can return to the CPU base easier.
From the rear you can see the wave design in the fins. This gives the Z5 more surface area allowing the cooler to dissipate more heat at a higher rate.
Rosewill has used a long power wire for their fan. The connector is a 4-pin design that will allow advanced speed control from the motherboard.
The Rosewill RCX-Z5 uses nickel plating over a copper base. The end result is a smooth, mirror like finish that will not tarnish over time. As you can see from the image, the surface is flawless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes