The Card Itself
The Winfast GeForce3 Ti500 card that I received for review is pretty remarkable in design. This isn't too surprising, though, since Leadtek is known for their unusual designs; especially in the cooling area.
Cooling the Beast
The card comes with a large silver color heatsink/fan scheme as past cards have, however, this one is even larger. YES, Leadtek has gone all out in cooling this card. The heatsink itself has a groove that slots onto the top edge of the card to distribute the weight of the HSF thoughout the entire card and not just on the locking pins. Again, like its GF2 Ultra's and standard GF3's, the Leadktek heatsink/fan covers both the GPU and ramsinks. This provides maximum cooling for both components.
TV and DVI Features
The two pictures above show the TV and DVI ports along with the TV encoder chip. Using the Conexant TV encoder chip, the Winfast Ti500 can support TV out up to resolutions of 1024x768 in both PAL and NTSC formats, good for US and European TV's. Along with TV out is the DVI port. This is used for Dual Monitors or connecting a brand new LCD or TFT digital monitor; another one of life's great PC components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Pottermore website can generate Patronus via online test
- You can now play Nintendo 64 games on Xbox One
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now