The Card Itself
The Winfast GeForce3 Ti500 card that I received for review is pretty remarkable in design. This isn't too surprising, though, since Leadtek is known for their unusual designs; especially in the cooling area.
Cooling the Beast
The card comes with a large silver color heatsink/fan scheme as past cards have, however, this one is even larger. YES, Leadtek has gone all out in cooling this card. The heatsink itself has a groove that slots onto the top edge of the card to distribute the weight of the HSF thoughout the entire card and not just on the locking pins. Again, like its GF2 Ultra's and standard GF3's, the Leadktek heatsink/fan covers both the GPU and ramsinks. This provides maximum cooling for both components.
TV and DVI Features
The two pictures above show the TV and DVI ports along with the TV encoder chip. Using the Conexant TV encoder chip, the Winfast Ti500 can support TV out up to resolutions of 1024x768 in both PAL and NTSC formats, good for US and European TV's. Along with TV out is the DVI port. This is used for Dual Monitors or connecting a brand new LCD or TFT digital monitor; another one of life's great PC components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- AMD rumored to launch its dual-GPU next month, the Radeon R9 Fury X2
- India's Cochin International airport runs 100% on solar power
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family