With the package out the way as always it's time to move onto what's important - The Card!
ASUS have chosen to use the standard cooler and simply place a sticker over the top of the card that continues to advertise the inclusion of Company of Heroes: Opposing Forces. The cooler really does cover the majority of the card and there isn't much to see from the front.
Looking around the card we get to the hidden PCI Express power connector located at the back of the card. There is only a single one and if you don't have a PCI-e connector on your power supply we have a Molex to PCI E connector included in the package.
Heading around to the top of the card we have the single SLI connector which we won't be making use of today unfortunately.
Finally, moving around to the I/O side of things we have two Dual Link DVI connectors that support up to 2560 x 1600 along with an S-Video TV-out port.
In the clocks department ASUS have decided to leave things stock, the card comes with the standard 600MHz core and 1.8GHz DDR memory clock. This will be the first default speed card we have tested so it will be interesting to see how it fairs.
It's not all bad news for someone looking at getting something a bit more hardcore though. ASUS have already announced a TOP variation of the card which comes in with a slightly more significant 700MHz core and 2000MHz DDR memory clock. We'll have to leave this one for another day though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.