Yidsun SP-788 Bluetooth stereo headset - Continued
The ear grommets are the biggest problem with this headset, as they're an odd shape and go into the ear canal at an angle, which doesn't work that well with this type of headset. The grommets are actually very similar to those that Jabra uses on some models of their Bluetooth hands-free headsets. However, Jabra's headsets have a vertical path into your ear, while this ends up almost horizontally with the way Yidsun has designed the headset. There are two little indicators on the headset to indicate which way to point the grommets, but this all depends on your ear-canal shape to a degree.
This is really the biggest complaint and hopefully Yidsun will offer a more vertical type of grommet in the future. Apart from this, the SP-788 is a decent headset and its light weight makes it almost un-noticeable when you're wearing it, even though the neck strap can sometimes get a little bit in the way if you're wearing glasses. There are three control buttons, three on the right ear piece and two on the left.
The ones on the right control things like power, answering and ending calls, pairing and track forward and backwards. The two on the right control the volume. The mic is built into the right ear piece while the charger connector is located in the left one. It's very easy to pair up and we tested it with a couple of different phones and found it as easy to use with both of them. The sound quality is very good, although it's not quite loud enough at times, although this seemed to be somewhat depending on the device you use it with.
It also worked well as a headset during calls, although again the volume was somewhat an issue on a noisy train, but this is not exclusive to the SP-788. One thing we did notice was that when the battery was running low, the range got a lot shorter and sometimes the music would cut out even though the phone was no more than 1m away from the headset, but there was still a good 30 minutes battery life remaining at the time.
Overall the Yidsun SP-788 is a competent product and there aren't that many light-weight Bluetooth stereo headsets on the market. We didn't get a price for the SP-788 and this is pretty much what's going to be the deciding factor. It's at least good to see that smaller brands can make good designs, something that isn't always the case when it comes to what is a very competitive and price driven market. The SP-788 might come from an unfamiliar brand, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give them a go.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader