Yidsun SP-788 Bluetooth stereo headset
Yidsun might not be a brand you're familiar with, and neither were we until recently. You might remember the news post where we wrote about some Bluetooth peripherals from them and now we've got our hands on a review sample of the Yidsun SP-788 Bluetooth stereo headset.
Our first impression was somewhat mixed; the design is ok, but we're not keen on the Yidsun logos on the side of the headphones as it's not like having Shure or Sony or some other famous brand showing.
None the less, they're not ugly and the design is up to date, which is rarely the case with Bluetooth headsets from lesser known brands. The headset is amazingly light and although it weighs 30g with the ear pieces it's anything but heavy when worn. Part of the reason behind the low weight is that Yidsun uses Lithium-polymer batteries, so they can shape the batteries in a way that's not possible with other types of batteries.
Lithium-polymer batteries are also lighter than other types of rechargeable batteries and this is the type of device they were intended for. Amazingly the quoted usage time is 6h continuous music playback or 8h of talk time with a standby time of up to 100h. After having used the SP-788 for a few days, we don't doubt these claims and the battery recharges quickly as well, which is an added bonus.
Charging it is done via a supplied cable which has a USB port in one end and a very small plug in the other, which is then plugged into the headset. A USB charger is supplied in the box, so you don't need to be next to a computer to charge the headset, but the USB connector on the cable allows for that option too. Apart from the charger and the cable, only two pair of rubber ear grommets and a brief manual is supplied in the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20