Overclocking the OCZ XMP
With regards to our overclocking, we didn't get much past the 1600MHz clock rate of the modules. In fact, when we put the modules into XMP mode overclocking was a no go, it simply didn't want to let us overclock the FSB. However, we turned the system to manual mode and managed to get 1652MHz out of the system with an FSB to memory ratio of 1:2 which we were pretty happy with, though it can't break our 2000MHz record which Super Talent managed to set.
This is still a good deal of clock speed for the modules so far, and with more time, better cooling options and better yields, we can expect to see more come from OCZ's line very soon. This is by no means the end of their overclocking line, faster will come and you can definitely count on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup