OCZ Modules Up Close
Now it's down to the modules themselves. Today we have been given a 2GB Dual Channel kit that contains 2x1GB memory modules rated to run 1600MHz out of the box using the XMP system to increase performance. While you can use the XMP, you don't have to as you can go for a manual overclock. This I find does help the most, as you can tweak the settings to your liking.
On the face of the modules nothing looks different compared to some of OCZ's other modules available on the market. The modules are part of the Titanium series and come with OCZ's XTC or Extreme Thermal Convection heatsinks. These heatsinks have holes through them that allow air to pass though in a convection style removing the heat as they go, providing you have good case air flow that is.
The modules themselves have a standard SPD setting to run 8-8-8-23 using the 1.5v standard of the SPD settings. However, if you choose to go harder you can use the XMP up to 1333MHz which will run 7-6-6-28 using 1.8v. If you want 1600MHz using XMP, this increases voltage to 1.9v which is the limit that OCZ will warrant the modules under with their lifetime warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni