In typical high-end ASUS style we have another large box. The front of the box is covered by Company of Heroes with the mention of the hottest DX10 game. The top left corner of course has our brand while across the bottom of the box we get the main information like the model, in this case the EAH3870 including other features like 512MB GDDR-4 and PCI Express 2.0 support.
Turning the box over we have some extended information on the card. There is also some explanation on the ASUS specific features along with a system recommendation. The good news is that you don't need a PCIE 2.0 motherboard to get the card up and running.
With the box out the way it's time to move inside. In the paperwork department we have a SpeedSetup guide. In the CD department we have a Driver CD, which we needed to use since the ATI Catalyst 7.10s didn't like the 3870, along with an ASUS Multi-language manual and a copy of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
Onto the cable department we have a pretty standard setup for a high-end AMD graphics card. Included in the package is an S-Video to Component cable, Molex to PCI Express connector, DVI to VGA connector, DVI to HDMI connector and Crossfire connector.
All in the entire package is very standard for a high-end AMD card. The inclusion of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is nice and it's good to see a new game included in the package. There isn't much you could really complain about while it would be nice to have a HDMI cable included in the package it's safe to say that majority of users won't use it and that good old DVI cable is more than enough for most.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis Demo]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset