ASUS, known throughout the hardware community as one of the most popular overclocking and stable motherboard makers, have one of the broadest range of motherboards available. With just about every chipset being produced, ASUS has a board or two for it. And why not? When you have the success ASUS has, it's never a bad thing to have variety.
ASUS' most famous line would have to be its AMD Athlon Socket A line of motherboard. Being the first manufacturer to introduce to us the onboard multiplier overclocking option, it was the biggest thing for the industry, and everyone who was anyone soon followed ASUS' example.
With the release of the Pentium4, ASUS has not made as many boards for this processor. This was mainly due to the only chipset (up until about one month ago) for the P4 being the Intel i850/RDRAM chipset. Now we all remember the i820 and RDRAM; slow, expensive and a total press and hardware disaster. I guess that ASUS didn't want to fall into the i820 phase again, so has only released one major board on the i850 chipset; the P4T.
With the release of the i845/SDRAM based P4 chipset, ASUS has taken this new technology head on with the release of a number of i845 boards. Today, we are reviewing the P4B i845 ATX Smart Motherboard. You will see why we call it smart very soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes