ASUS, known throughout the hardware community as one of the most popular overclocking and stable motherboard makers, have one of the broadest range of motherboards available. With just about every chipset being produced, ASUS has a board or two for it. And why not? When you have the success ASUS has, it's never a bad thing to have variety.
ASUS' most famous line would have to be its AMD Athlon Socket A line of motherboard. Being the first manufacturer to introduce to us the onboard multiplier overclocking option, it was the biggest thing for the industry, and everyone who was anyone soon followed ASUS' example.
With the release of the Pentium4, ASUS has not made as many boards for this processor. This was mainly due to the only chipset (up until about one month ago) for the P4 being the Intel i850/RDRAM chipset. Now we all remember the i820 and RDRAM; slow, expensive and a total press and hardware disaster. I guess that ASUS didn't want to fall into the i820 phase again, so has only released one major board on the i850 chipset; the P4T.
With the release of the i845/SDRAM based P4 chipset, ASUS has taken this new technology head on with the release of a number of i845 boards. Today, we are reviewing the P4B i845 ATX Smart Motherboard. You will see why we call it smart very soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20