Biostar's choice of BIOS is the Award Phoenix Modular BIOS using the blue screen with sub menu style layout. This is the most familiar BIOS to us as it has been around since the 486 days, only more refined now. All the overclocking features lie under the overclock navigator engine menu.
CPU Clock: 200 - 600 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 200 in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: +0.12v to +0.787v in 0.012v increments
Memory Voltage: +0.5v to 0.35v in 0.05v Increments
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.35v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
(G)MCH voltage: 1.35v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
Overclocking the Biostar board was quite good. With its DDR3 memory support we managed to get the board to a respectable 535MHz FSB. While it can't beat our P35T's top speed of 583MHz, it's still well within what we would expect from a P35 board.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry: Primal's story isn't linear, tied to building up your village
- This rugged Chromebook can be dropped from 2 feet off the ground
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- Massive SSD's could be on the horizon with Micron's new 3D NAND tech
- Scientists begin tinkering on 'deleting' your unwanted memories
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives