Biostar's choice of BIOS is the Award Phoenix Modular BIOS using the blue screen with sub menu style layout. This is the most familiar BIOS to us as it has been around since the 486 days, only more refined now. All the overclocking features lie under the overclock navigator engine menu.
CPU Clock: 200 - 600 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 200 in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: +0.12v to +0.787v in 0.012v increments
Memory Voltage: +0.5v to 0.35v in 0.05v Increments
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.35v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
(G)MCH voltage: 1.35v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
Overclocking the Biostar board was quite good. With its DDR3 memory support we managed to get the board to a respectable 535MHz FSB. While it can't beat our P35T's top speed of 583MHz, it's still well within what we would expect from a P35 board.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller